Every year, there are countless people who, for one reason or another, opt for nose reshaping surgery (otherwise known as rhinoplasty or nose job). In fact, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), nose reshaping was the second most popular cosmetic surgical procedure in 2014.
When it comes to rhinoplasties, there are two major options available for you to choose from. There is the traditional surgical rhinoplasty and then there are the non-surgical rhinoplasty procedures. Obviously, which one is the best for you depends on your individual circumstances, but some people are candidates for both of these types. And, when both options are open, then the better choice is to go for a non-surgical rhinoplasty.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is a revolutionary method of straightening the nose, smoothing bumps, and filling gaps. It is done via the means of injecting liquid fillers directly into the treatment areas. This procedure is also sometimes known as liquid rhinoplasty.
We will briefly look at some of the benefits of a non-surgical rhinoplasty and what makes it superior in certain cases than the surgical rhinoplasty.
- Firstly, the effects of a non-surgical rhinoplasty are temporary. Now, this may sound like a negative characteristic, but it is not. A temporary rhinoplasty gives you the ability to reverse it if you are not happy with the results. This is something that is not possible with most surgical rhinoplasties as many of them can actually change the physical structure of the nose and the bones underneath it.
- Secondly, the results are noticeable immediately. While some non-surgical procedures do have recovery time, majority of the results can be seen almost immediately after the procedure is performed. In fact, in many cases, the doctor will give you a mirror to see how the nose is being reshaped during the procedure itself.
- Non-surgical procedures are safe and effective because the dermal fillers used are tried and trusted. Some of the famous ones include Juvederm, Radiesse, and Restylane. Many of these are approved by the FDA, as well. Nevertheless, the procedure must be performed by an experienced surgeon.
- There is little to no downtime associated with non-surgical rhinoplasties. Moreover, there are very small to almost unnoticeable bruises on the nose after the procedure. So, in many cases, you can continue your daily activities right after the surgery and be ready to go out in public.
- The price is much more affordable on one’s pocket than the traditional rhinoplasty. So, if your budget is limited, then this may be the ideal option for you. On average, a well-performed non-surgical rhinoplasty will only cost you approximately $1,000 to $2,500. This is well below a normal surgical rhinoplasty.
It is important to note that non-surgical methods can only fill and smoothen the nose; they cannot be used for nasal reductions or any major changes which require the alteration of nasal structure. So, if your nose needs to be adjusted and made physically smaller, your only option would be the surgical rhinoplasty.
Regardless, whether you feel you are a candidate for either of these procedures, you should first consult with Dr. Paul Jarrod Frank to see which particular method would be ideal for you. Please book your consultation today by contacting the office. We look forward to hearing from you!