When you hear the term “medical spa,” you may wonder what type of business that is, along with the services that it offers. This type of business combines the expertise of a physician with the relaxing benefits of a local day spa. Cosmetic surgeons or dermatologists offer a high standard of care for their patients because they have more training in understanding the anatomy of the face or body.
While the aestheticians at regular spas can provide basic skin treatments such as facials or body wraps, a medical expert can use devices such as lasers to work on the skin. A spa that offers medical services may also provide simpler services such as massages or facials, but most clients request more complex treatments that are quick, painless and non-invasive. In addition to receiving care from a licensed dermatologist or physician, there are also medical assistants and registered nurses at the medical spa while a regular spa has certified beauticians or aestheticians instead.
What Services Can You Receive at Spas with Medical Personnel?
When you arrive at a spa that offers medical services, you may want to eliminate skin problems such as discolorations, or alternatively, you might want a treatment that reduces the signs of aging. You may already know what type of service that you want because you have completed research, or perhaps, you have a friend who has received a treatment from a cosmetic physician or a dermatologist. The spa that offers medical services may have a website that lists its treatments, or you may need to visit the medical facility to learn what types of treatments are offered. Here are some of the treatments available from a spa with medical treatments from physicians:
- Dermabrasion – the removal of the upper skin layers
- Skin tightening – using lasers to tighten lax skin
- Injectables – injecting dermal fillers into certain areas of the face
- Chemical peels – application of chemicals to eliminate skin problems
- Wrinkle reduction – injections of Botox to reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Scar reduction – treatments to reduce acne or accident scars
- Cleansing facial – to remove deeply embedded sebum and blackheads
- Hair removal – excess hair removal with plucking, lasers, or waxing
- Permanent makeup – a makeup tattooing process
One of the best things about a medical spa — such as PFRANKMD™ — is that you are evaluated by a physician who can look at your health information to determine if you have an underlying condition such as diabetes mellitus or high blood pressure. With this information, you can receive the appropriate treatment for your facial or body skin without any adverse side effects. Our medical spa is conveniently located in New York, NY. To learn more about treatments at our medical spa, contact us today to schedule your consultation!